Friday, March 26, 2010

just in time for my birthday :]

I'm getting published! in Barnard Echoes Literary Magazine. Holler. Just found out today. I'm lovin it. I've submitted work to three other campus publications, and one in Philly so we'll see how those go. Either way, I started singing this song today (at work) when i found out. It goes:

I'm gettin pubbbb-lished
I'm gettin pubbbb-lished
I'm gettin puh-uh-uhb-uh-uh-ublished.

I'm gettin pubbbb-lished
I'm gettin pubbbb-lished
I'm gettin puh-uh-uhb-uh-uh-ublished.

basically that on repeat, with an occasional "ow!" and of course a groovin of the shoulders.
feels good! i'll sing the song at request. de nada. and i really get this great feeling that i'll be able to sing it numerous times in my life. it shall be the sweet memory that grounds, humbles, and happifies me.

2 comments:

  1. congratulations jes.
    congratulations.
    congratulations.

    let me know when it happens so i can get my hands on a copy or 3.
    :)

    ReplyDelete