Friday, January 29, 2010

so i'm not quite sure how this is gonna end up but,

I've seen it: Avatar. Today, in 2D still as beautiful as everyone says. And though, I was prepared to be utterly disturbed by the Europeans massacring the Native Americans parallel it did not ruin the movie for me. Yes, it is problematic that there's this whole native people one with nature perpetual idea... but i just couldn't get how fearless they were out of my mind. Forget all the savage and primitive BS the humans or whatever were throwing at the people of Pandora... maybe I'm messed up but I thought they were amazing.

'Cause I had that thought... The "going native" problem is real, and frustrating but I had the thought... Could who I am as a person now make it in Pandora? Now I talked with my friend about this on the train very briefly and she said it before I even saw the movie that when you see it you want to become one of them. And, I just kept thinking throughout the movie... "They're flying... and they're jumping.. oh you just gonna face them creatures? oh y'all just gonna choose each other and fly and be bonded?!" Oh dee. Like, there's something to be said for how it seems like they don't put limits on themselves like we do. And, what I said to my friend was that at a certain point/age we get too afraid to fly. Like, you reach adulthood and you don't think you can learn something new that takes that much trust in your ability and whatever else you believe in. So much is impossible the older you get. Who i am now... their world scares me. It's aesthetically pleasing as all get out, beautiful. And, I recognize that them being connected to nature is like "eye-roll" but what if you could connect with your ancestors that way? Back to flying... I ended it here, if I had been born in Pandora, sure cause you know, that's all I'd know. But, 20 years of life here? Beyond me. Or at least, that'd be my initial reaction. I really hope I have a dream about Avatar tonight. It'd be dope if I could dream with the same quality of the movie on the big screen. Awesome, actually.

Anywho... it always come back here. Doggone it!
I had an urge to listen to this song on my way back from the movie.



and recently, one of my friends shared this version with me. 1. Blossom Dearie. Dope name. 2.  "Give Him The Ooh-La-La" as an album title? ill! And, I wish I had thought of it first.



...hrmmm.

"I’m learning to fly, but I ain’t got wings. Coming down is the hardest thing."

Tom Petty

No comments:

Post a Comment