Friday, January 15, 2010

Earthquake/Haiti

Last night, I found myself thanking God for the troubles that I have. Earthquake. Living on the (North) East Coast, I have no real semblance of that. 7.0 in magnitude. Amazing. Shaken. Broken. Lives. Homes. Hearts. Bodies. And, there are so many things that make it more real in my mind every day. The news. Shows still covering the story. Facebook notes and statuses and links. Pictures. Thinking about the people that I know with family there. And, what I’ve learned of their history. But, it's so much more than that. So, I sit sometimes and it’s larger than I can fathom, what happened. To walk around, and see that almost everything has fallen. I’m praying for the people of Haiti. I sent what little money I have. I encourage others to do the same. Everyone deserves to be safe and healthy, a chance in happiness and life. Food. Water. Clothing. Healthcare. 

No comments:

Post a Comment